SMJ Physiotherapy will treat all personal and medical information supplied by you as confidential and gain your written consent to Treatment and Data processing under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Personal information may include name, date of birth, address, email address, contact number and source of referral. Data may be collected in a number of ways:
- Over the telephone e.g. to confirm details of your personal information/ treatment status / referral source / appointment time and date etc.
- By email e.g. in response to an enquiry by you
- Via a message sent through our Facebook page
- Through the website e.g. if you contact us via our “contact us” page with an enquiry
- On initial assessment when you complete our consent forms.
- At the point of referral from an external source e.g. through an insurance intermediary that may be referring you.
- Your principal rights under data protection law are:
(1) the right to access;
(2) the right to rectification;
(3) the right to erasure;
(4) the right to restrict processing;
(5) the right to object to processing;
(6) the right to data portability;
(7) the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
(8) the right to withdraw consent.
SMJ Physiotherapy will not disclose any information to any third party without your prior permission, except where required by law or where action might be necessary to protect you or someone else.
You have the right to confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal and medical data and, where we do, access to the personal and medical data, together with certain additional information. That additional information includes details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal and medical data concerned and the recipients of the personal and medical data. Providing the rights and freedoms of others are not affected, we will supply to you a copy of your personal and medical data.